JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Paralyzed by Anger

After the murders happened, I started taking anti-anxiety medication to help me sleep. But behind the anxiety is a paralyzing amount of depression and anger. I just came back from meeting with my therapist, and she told me that I have a lot of anger that I need to find a way to get out. As a woman, I have a hard time expressing anger. And growing up, my father's anger was a very scary thing. I guess I try to bury the anger, and it gets turned around as depression. Instead of being able to express my anger, I get angry at myself. Instead, I should be angry at my dad, at other members of my family, at the guy who raped me, and at the woman who murdered my neighbor. I am starting to notice misdirected anger at my friends and other people I'm interacting with - someone does something little and I feel all this anger inside of me. I don't want to be an angry person. I want to be a happy person, a content person, a person who is making the world a better place. Instead, I feel miserable and angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]