JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Silence

A asked if I wanted him to come with me to watch the sunset.
I told him only if we can actually talk.
He told me that silence is golden.
Well....

Silence is golden
but not between friends
not by force.

Being silenced is black
especially between friends.

Breaking silence is freedom
especially when feeling
broken.

Breaking silence is beautiful
like an ocean sunset
with your best friend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a excellent and *much* better conversation with yourself, K. I admit, in the past year and a half, I have relied deeply on exploring nature and simple joys (moon-chasing, sunset watching, gazing at this fuzzy woolen bee make a home in my garden, checking out all the salamanders in my doorway after it rains), as ways to relieve tension and feel free if only for a few moments. Not really thinking about anything in particular, just in awe of the here and now moment. I'm very glad you had a good close of day celebration, K.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks, S. Yes, I shouldn't forget these simple but important things.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]