JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Most Amazing Seder Ever

I just came back from seder, and despite that I was nervous about going, it was the most amazing time. It was a lesbian/Jewish feminist seder that has been going on with the same women for the last 21 years, and despite that many of them only see each other on Pesach, there was an energy of family and community. It was very warm and inviting and healing to be there. In the middle, everyone spoke about what we as individuals can do to change the world, and I was inspired by everyone's story and faith in the ability to do positive things in the world. It wasn't just faith either; many of these women HAVE done incredible things and changed the world for the better. And it wasn't easy for them either. It was so powerful to see these role models of happy, radical feminist women. It was also powerful to see how possible it is to build a community, and the power of bringing together people that you relate to and have things in common with AND to see that people build families outside of their biological families. So maybe I can build a family for myself, eventually, and can let go of a lot of the crap that I have to put up with from my own family. Anyway, I feel great even though I ate way too much and *A* hasn't even bothered to try to talk to me. Gotta go snuggle with the dog and get into pajamas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]