JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, April 17, 2006

A Thousand Acres

Wow, this movie was not what I expected. If you haven't watched it and for some reason you really want to, stop reading. Otherwise, its about incest and emotional abuse, and a girl could use a warning before seeing that. I'm still going to fall asleep fine tonight, but geez, that was a curveball. I think it is insensitve for movies to throw that in without regard for survivors.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! I have always felt that movies with scenes about incest/rape and the like should carry a warning beyond a movie rating of "R". - K

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]