JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

You're My Family

I woke *A* up to make him drink some water and take some asprin and we cuddled a bit, but he's definitely drawing some boundaries on his own, which is good I think. It was hard for me to not want to just push the line. This morning he woke me up early and told me to start getting ready, even though now we have 2 hours til I leave and I didn't get enough sleep. We went to breakfast on the beach. I asked him if he'd come to my mom's funeral with me when she dies. I don't know why I'm making such a big deal about this now; I just have been feeling for weeks like I won't be able to take that and will need mega support and have been thinking about how much I'll need him there. He said yes, of course, that he's my family, so of course he'll come. I started tearing up and excused myself to the bathroom. After, that is, he joked that this is why he can't date me, because we're family. (We're not actually related in anyway; this is just how strong our friendship is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]