JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Travel Bag for Dog

Well, I found a new bag to take my dog on the plane with. I got a little work done and spent a lot of time with my best friend, *A*, just kind of enjoying the time we have together before I'm off to KC. Two old flings have been in contact with me about hooking up, but I honestly don't have the desire. As I simplify my life to focus on my core values - family, taking care of myself, balance, etc., I realize how much good friends mean to me. Because I can't really lean on my family, my good friends are sort of like my family. And many of you have been around for a long time.

Link

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're taking each day, one step at a time instead of trying to figure it all out at once. I'm really really happy for you, breathing a few sighs of relief reading your last posting. Pretty neat you're setting up an office at your parents house in KC, glad you are figuring out how to make this work. I still remember the first time I saw Karma in her little doggie bag -- guess she's outgrown it, eh? :) awwwwwwww, cute puppie! Happy to hear your plans are progressing well. < hug > S.

PS: Your father is dead wrong about someone needing someone to be the dominating one in a relationship. I'm glad I never gave up my dreams about having an equal partnership, because I truly have one now and it is just so damn awesome and it IS possible. So there! (I'm sticking my tongue out at your father). :P

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks, S. Someone actually stole that other travel bag! Anyway, I'm glad to have a good example of someone who actually has an equal partnernship in a relationship. You can be my inspiration :)

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your inspiration! Hmmm, wow, now I am really blushing/flattered. :)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:31:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

This bag is too big for travel on most planes. Well, some things you learn the hard way!

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]