JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Presentation

Well, a whoping 7 people showed up to my presentation today. I did okay on the presentation, although I worry that some thought it was too theoretical and hence boring. But, a friend of mine who attended asked me to turn it into a short article that he'll encourage to be published in a magazine that he is a reviewer for. So, I guess it wasn't that bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you! First of all, a published article would be GREAT to put on your resume. Secondly, I am dying to know what the presentation was about exactly, if you do not mind my asking. Hmm, you had more people in your presentation than I had in my last class! :P Anyways, I hope it was some good practice for you, especially since I know it is nerve wracking. Congrats!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Well, it won't be an academic publication - more pop culture thing, so I don't know how great it actually looks on the resume. The talk was on rape crisis centers by the way. I know that I need to not be too hard on myself, but without double the number of people there, the hosts won't likely ever invite me back because it isn't worth their while. But, the show must go on; I have another presentation this weekend at a professional conference, on a different topic.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]