JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nightmare

I had a dream last night that I spaced out and couldn't get to the meeting that (in reality) was scheduled for this morning. It woke me up. Then, every hour later I woke up worried that I had to get to the meeting. I kept telling myself that is okay and that I have plenty of time BUT I just couldn't sleep right after that. Now, I'm super tired.

Last night at the support group thing I started going to last week for people experiencing loss, well the boyfriend of my murdered neighbor showed up. It creeped me out to the point of wanting to leave the group. My neighbors have warned me about this guy. They say that there's something creepy about him and not to trust him. One woman in the group was very sweet though and after the group came over and hugged me. She told me to take care of myself.

Then, after the support group is this class on self-esteem led by the same leader. She says that people experiencing loss often suffer from a drop in self esteem, so I stay for the class. Well, this guy sits next to me and is super flirting with me the whole time in a really obnoxious way. He saw me eating mazto and peanut butter, asked me what it was, and when I told him, he asked, is that something Jewish? I laughed. Anyway, it made me feel so uncomfortable that I left during the break. Ah, my life has too many creepy guys in it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karma said...

Okay, it has been brought to my attention that I didn't make this clear. It wasn't the boyfriend of the woman who was murdered who was hitting on me, it was a different creepy guy. Two in one night! :P

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]