JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

One Day at a Time

Dad and I met with staff from Mom's facility to do her 30 day evaluation. It sounds like she's adjusting really well, and the staff are really on top of things with her generally. I'm going to try to fenagel schelping Dad to a support group meeting that they have there for the families of people there with Alzheimer's, but Dad doesn't sound very enthusiastic about going. I had a hard time telling him to go for me without laughing because I could tell how transparent I was being.

I have a conference call in 45 min. with my research team and just barely caught myself up on work stuff. It is hard to not spend all of my free time with my mother. I haven't even had time to put together many activities for her or look through the book that the Alz's Assn. recommended because I am just there with her all the time. My tooth feels a lot better, and while I have a headache, I have an appointment with this fabulous local chiropractor.

My keyboard broke down so I have to come to this message later in the night (its after 10pm now). I went to the support group BY MYSELF which I'm a bit pissed about, but the group made me feel appreciative of how good I have it. Another woman on Mom's floor gets really violent with her husband and another woman also gets very angry and mean. My mom doesn't do this at ALL. She really is incapable of violence and aggression.
She did though tonight ask me if I have kids. When I told her no, she looked very upset. I told her that my sister has two kids and I have a dog which we treat like a kid, but she didn't seem consolled. Oy.

When we got to her room, she said something like: someone mentioned something about tucking me in. I said, "yes, I'll tuck you in." She smiled. When she got into bed, she lifted up her arms and said "tuck me in." It was very cute.

Oy, it has been a super long day and I'm behind with work. But, it is too late to worry about it. I'll have to catch up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]