JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Conversation With the Area Manager

I got an email (strangely to my university email address - I've been emailing the executive director of the facility from my personal account) from the area manager inviting me to call her. I had left a message on the number that I was given for her. Anyway, she said she needs to tell the dir. that her cell phone number is what should be given out.

Anyway, I don't even know what to say about the whole thing. We talked for awhile - she didn't say too much other than that she'd talk to the dir. and call me next week. She did say that the number of staffing is standard for a Sunrise facility, and she claims that they're staffing at higher levels than their competetors. She said that the they just need to make sure that the staff is trained, and that the staffing could increase as the level of care needs of the residents increases. She also said that there's a new area programming manager that came by the facility to help. She said that we should see 6 activities every day (Andy said 5), but that there won't be constant activities.

She said: "I want to be honest; there will be downtime." I pushed her to tell me how much is reasonable - and she said 1 hour in the evening. She said that this is fine though because people like wandering around. I said: For my mom, wandering for 10-20 minutes can be comforting but for 1-2 hours it is very distressing. I suggested that they put on one of the movies that I brought for her at least, and she agreed that this should be done.

I don't know what to think. She basically pointed out that this is as good as it gets, but that she'll work to improve the conditions somewhat because what I'm asking for is completely reasonable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

This is my response to your comment over at Juliusspeaks.

JuliusGray:
What absolutely interesting comments. Oh dear. Firstly, I am not white. I am Black. I am Afro-American. Everything that I speak of I know first hand.Whatever observations and/or criticisms I make of Black people in this country come out of my own experience. I do appreciate your passion though. More people should have it.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]