JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Few Efforts, But Still A Bad Situation

Especially last night, Mom's facility is making efforts, but I feel like they're clearly trying to appease me and not to really make things better. This makes me worry that when I leave, things will go right back to where they were before. But, I don't know if I can prove this.

I haven't heard back from the area supervisor. I did get Dad to make an appointment to meet with the executive director of the facility that I'd like to move Mom to (only because I bribed him). At the family support group last night, I found out that the Alzheimer's Assoication is no longer recommending Mom's facility. The family coordinator social worker person wants to have a meeting with the administrators at Mom's place, but I don't know how to make that happen. I got a phone call from Mom's new "companion" wanting me to set her hours. I guess I should just go with every night instead of every once in awhile. I don't know what I'm supposed to do from here.

Last night, the lead care manager, who is responsible for Mom, asked if I wanted help getting Mom ready for bed. (I was tempted to say: you mean, do your job?) She was rushed and not overly friendly with Mom. She washed her face in the most ridiculous way possible, and then didn't give her any moisturizer. She didn't seem to know how to get Mom undressed (that Mom can find her own pajamas if you just ask her to, but she can't take off her bra). It is clear that this woman does this as her job and doesn't really care about the residents.

I could call the area supervisor for a third time. OR, I could call her supervisor. I really actually want to file a complaint with the state ombudsman before I leave town, but my friend pointed out last night that I'm leaving in 19 days, so time is running out.

Link

1 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

Oh Karma, I'm so sorry this is happening. This is why nursing homes scare me. We think that by this time next year my mother will be in a home. Fortunately, the one we're looking at (and hoping she'll get into) has been used by a lot of my mother's friends for their spouses/parents over the years with no problems. I can't even imagine what you are going through - lots of cyber hugs and prayers is all I can do.

Thank you for worrying about me - just not a lot going on and I'm so busy in the evenings answering emails that I haven't had time to do a lot of blogging.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]