JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Continuing Family Saga, Continuing Exhuastion

My dad noticed another odd thing in my Grandma's trust: money that was set aside for my cousin (who has serious kidney problems and will need a transplant) has my aunt's name added to it. So, she can use her son's money for her own medical expenses. I'm appauled that she would do this. My friend who manages my grandmother's estate claims that it was done for tax purposes. She wants to meet with me next week to explain some thing, kind of hinting that there's things that might have been done wrong by both my dad and my aunt. I don't even want to think about it, although I did say to her that in the end, I think I do want to understand what really happened here.

My visit with Mom last night was nice, and it is clear that she REALLY likes having me around. It makes me feel a little guilty/bad about going back to school on the 8th. Hopefully, my sister will be around a lot for her and that will be enough. But, Mom and I clearly do have a special bond.

I can't seem to get rid of this flu. I think in part because I'm trying to jump back into things and see friends, visit Mom, and catch up on work. I probably need another day just resting. I wake up every morning though with increasing stress.

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Funny, I thought that, although estates can be subject to taxation, depending on how they're set up, once the money is disbursed, the recipients do not become liable for taxes on what they've received. I'm curious to read further, now, and see if this is straightened out.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

My cousin's trust will be set up, I believe, so that no taxes are paid on the money that goes in there, at least not until he is ready to spend it. Its some tax loop. Anyway, the whole mess is completely out of my mind right now though because my cousin won't even talk to me and I've taken myself out of these conversations as much as possible.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]