JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sister Bails Out Yet Again

Well my sister had agreed to give me a night off last night and put Mom to bed. I had to call to push her, but she finally showed up at Mom's at 7:45pm (I normally show up earlier even when things are good at the facility). But, she was kvetching about it the whole time trying to get me to step in and go over. But, I held my ground and enjoyed the time to get myself together. I even made some Hanukah cookies to bring to a friend's party tonight that I'll stop by at on the way to Mom's.

We were supposed to have our family Hanukah party tomorrow at my sister's, but she called this morning to say that her husband is sick so we can't do it anymore. Also, they're not going to help us move tomorrow. My sister was also supposed to be responsible for getting a picture frame fixed that she had broken and that has a picture of her daughter BUT it seems she hasn't done this either. Bascially whatever has been on her plate, can't be counted on happening. Her daughter had been begging for my Dad to make hamburgers, so I arranged it for yesterday afternoon at my sister's house, and my sister showed up even to that 45 minutes late.

Now, I'm stuck taking my Mom to dinner with her sister tonight. And, I'm going to have to take Mom out on my own while Dad moves Mom's stuff tomorrow with one of his friends. Augh!

Labels: , , ,

Link

4 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Ah, okay. I think this was where I left off. Now I see what you mean by the reference to family stuff you wrote back when I was suddenly grieving the loss of my sisters.
Weird. Not good weird, either.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Its so amazing to have so much in common with a stranger's experiences, isn't it :)

Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

Yeah, it is amazing, to me, too. I was thinking, yesterday, when I finished reading, how many differences there are between you and me, and yet how many similarities.
Reminds me that we must truly all be One, playing out this period in a system of separation. I know that religious dogma of many different stripes tends to consider this system of separation an unending trial...and, often, it looks that way...but, sometimes I like to think, what if we're all just "playing" at this separation thing, in the guise of "the One who is the Many", just to see what happens...what if, when it's all over, we're able to combine all our selves into one, sit back, laugh and say, "Whew! Well, that was interesting! Now, what can I do for fun?"...and the saga continues...

Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Well, I'd say that the goal is to find the connections now and not wait. Sometimes its especially not easy when the people who should be closest with us do things to force separations.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]