JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Grandma Will Pass In the Coming Hours

I got a phone message from my sister, could tell that she was crying. I phoned her back sitting in the waiting room for my neurology appointment. She told me that Grandma is having much difficulty breathing and the people from Hospice say that she'll pass sometime within the next 24 hours. My sister says that it is getting increasingly worse and that it could be any time now.

I will be traveling back to Kansas City tomorrow morning. I may not be online for awhile - so I'm going to change the way that you can leave comments so that I don't have to approve them.

I think its a blessing that Grandma won't have to suffer anymore, but it is very sad that's she's dying, and I am afraid of what the experience of the next week will be like for Mom.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending many warm wishes of strength your way, K. In some ways I'm glad the end is near - I worry about how hard it will be on you. But I'm sure you'll be strong for your mom/sister. Have a safe flight.
Love, S.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi K...

I just decided to check out your blog and am very sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Have a safe trip here to KC, and know that your family is in my thoughts.

Cat - from the EOAD Carepartners groups

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. This is going to be an emotional trip for everyone so take care and be safe.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Sanchi, Cat, and Keith. It was, in many ways, a blessing that she doesn't have to suffer anymore. But, it is always hard to say goodbye to someone you love so dearly.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]