JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good News!

I got a job as a Visiting Assistant Professor in my field at a top liberal arts college not too far away. My new partner is going to make the move with me. Things are going VERY well! My surgery is on Wednesday, and I'm pretty scared about it. It won't be a fun process, but I am very grateful to have all of these good things in my life -- including a very good friend who will come into town just to take care of me! Thank god because I would never manage it on my own, and my biological family won't help me at all. I do miss my mom though very, very much.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

Karma,

I'm hoping the surgery went well and that you are recovered by now.

I also stopped by to say good-bye. I've posted about it on my blog and you've been a part of my online life so I wanted to take leave here as well. Know that you will be in my heart and prayers.

Sunday, June 06, 2010 9:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]