JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Dating is Painful

Last night I went out with the perfect on paper match.com guy again - as friends. After I bought very expensive theater tickets he told me that he had started dating someone, but that he'll still come. Augh! I hate dating.

So we went for this very awkward and uncomfortable dinner, and then saw the show - for which we were late because he insisted on ordering dessert even though we didn't appear to have time and I had told him I wasn't interested because I had been that afternoon for a cupcake tasting (for my friends' wedding --- it was fabulous!).

And, I'm just frustrated. I actually joined match.com to meet this guy, and he's the only one on there locally that seems interesting to me. He doesn't really seem that interested in developing a friendship because he's leaving town soon and has a lot going on in his life. He didn't seem totally present at dinner. And maybe its all for the best. Maybe this is the universe sending me a sign that I should stop looking for someone perfect on paper and look instead for someone who has qualities that don't show up in those websites -- someone warm, compassionate, good communicator, who shares my values? I don't know. All I know is that I'm exhausted.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

Yikes! I'd find it discouraging too. Big (((((((hugs))))))))) just 'cuz a date like that calls for them.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks April!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]