JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dad Wants To Put Mom in a Home

My dad called me yesterday, not realizing that I'm at a conference out of town, to tell me that he's thinking about putting my mom in a home because she's really starting to go downhill, and its too much for him. He said that he's really been stressing out and there's nowhere for him to relax and his resting pulse is 120. He doesn't want me to tell my sister, but I called her to let her know that at least mom isn't doing so well and asked her not to tell Dad that I told her. I'm thinking about trying to go for a visit out there soon to help get him the right help and make sure Mom doesn't end up somewhere bad. It is pretty overwhelming and a little devastating. I'm worried that I could lose them both and my grandmother very soon.

My presentation is tomorrow, and I'm not too stressed about it, in part because I don't think that there will be many people there. I'm taking it easy tonight - we're ordering in Thai food and I'll practice my presentation and watch a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]