JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Poll with Results From Alzheimer's Assn. Message Boards

No one has responded to my question on the blog....so I went to the message boards of the Alzheimer's Association where I've gotten a lot of thought provoking comments from other people in similar situations.

Here's what I posted:
My mom has Alzheimer's and was recently moved into an assisted living facility, to the "memory care" floor. Basically, this has all become too much for my father. My mom's doctor predicts that my mom may only be around for another year. Should I move back to the city where they live to help take care of her (even though the facility is great, she still really wants family around right now)? What should I do?

Results (10 votes counted so far):
2 (20%)

Yes - go back and take care of your mom
6 (60%)

No - stay where you are but visit when you can
2 (20%)

Other - please state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]