JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

What's More Important?

While eating lunch, dad told me that he hasn't heard back about whether or not the cemetary where Mom will eventually be buried will allow her to have an autopsy (because of Jewish law and the way that those running the place interpret it). He asked me if they say that she can't have the autopsy, if I think that they (she and my dad) should be buried somewhere else. He started naming other options. It was a very wierd conversation.

I told him that he, mom, and my grandparents made the decision about where to be buried and to be buried together a long time ago and that this is the priority, to follow that decision. I can't believe that I'm talking with him about where he's going to be buried...and his voice is going, like it has been and clearly somethings going on there. I can't concentrate today at all. I'm going to try to force myself to work productively for half an hour and then go take my dog to visit Mom at her home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]