JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Open Communication Really Works!

Well, I'm amazed. I called my dad to talk about him going to see a doctor. He kept trying to change the subject. But, he admitted that he's had chest pain and trouble breathing. I told him that I'm very concerned about him and that I would just feel better if he saw a doctor and I wouldn't have to worry about something serious. It was when I said this that he finally let up on his stubbornness (we've been trying to convince him for months to see a doctor) and said that he's make an appointment tomorrow.

Until he actually gets diagnosed with something, I'm going to let myself be in denial a little bit about what's going on and not get too freaked out. I found this article about aging in the lungs, and maybe that's all that's going on and some depression about my mom. He's only 61 years old, and even though he smoked for 40 of those years, he hasn't smoked in the last 10. Maybe I won't be an orphan in the next year. Oy. I'm still pretty freaked out.

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger tafka PP said...

I'm calling you tonight. See, I have witnesses (your blog readership!) so it will happen.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:18:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I keep meaning to call you, but the stupid time difference, it is always a bad time to call. I miss you.

Monday, July 10, 2006 8:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]