JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Get By With A Little Help From My Friends Part II

Big thanks to my best friend out in KC, Kathy, who treated me to an afternoon at the spa yesterday. It made me so relaxed, I felt drunk. She comes out many nights after I tuck my mom into bed to keep my company and cheer me up. She's always there for me, and it makes everything out here so much easier. I admitted to her yesterday that I've sort of blown off all of my friends out here in KC except for her, very much because they tend to just pity me and bring me down.

I also have gotten a bunch of calls and emails recently from friends all over, and it just kind of warms my spirit and renews my energy to know that I'm supported. I know that I can always call *A* as well, anytime, and he'll cheer me up. If anyone out there has a friend who is a caregiver or who is going through a rough time, let this be a lesson to - don't pity them; go and be there for them, support them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, it's easy to be a good friend to Karma - because she is every bit as good a friend to me! You rock, Karma! --- Kathy

Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you've got someone solid like Kathy to lean on. It really warms my heart. Very proud you lived in the moment and enjoyed the benefits of such a relaxing day. Congrats! S.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma--I already like Kathy and I haven't even met her! Come to think of it, I like you and we haven't met, either--I guess that's the modern world. Hang in there.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Sanchi and Deb. Kathy reads the blog, so I hope she sees your comments. And by the way, I like you too, Deb.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]