JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Real Struggle

Okay, just a brief note that I realize that my larger struggle here is to find some sort of balance in my life and still do all of the traveling and shifting between work, taking care of family, and just living; between taking care of myself and taking care of my parents; between giving myself space to grief and have a hard time and pushing myself to let go of that and enjoy life a bit; between trying to work to improve myself and appreciating who I am. My therapist told me in so many words that I need to have more fun, and I think she's right. I think that I need to start venturing out more by myself to do things that I want to do - like see art, hear live music, find more alternative type venues. It is really hard; I want to have someone to meet up with and often don't have a lot of energy after I put Mom to bed, but I need to take responsibility for creating happiness in my life, every day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, Debra! - K

Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I actually did this last night by the way, inspired in part by my posting. I went to a local gay bar by myself, and even though it was awkward because there were mostly gay men there who mostly seemed annoyed to have a woman in the joint, it was nice to be able to sit and have a drink and not be hit on. And, anyway, I went to check it out by myself, without needing someone there to hold my hand. I'm regaining my independence!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]