JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

MEME - A Few Fun Questions

Alright, so the purple parrot has tagged me to answer some questions. Here they are:

1. One book that changed your life?
"Against Our Will" by Susan Brownmiller

2. One book you have read more than once?
I'm a grad student, so this isn't a hard one. How about "Transforming a Rape Culture" by Emilie Buchwald, Pamela Fletcher, and Martha Roth (Eds.)

3. One book you would want on a desert island?
A blank book to keep as a journal.

4. One book that made you laugh?
"I'd Rather Laugh" by Linda Richman....yes, the woman that Mike Meyers based his Saturday Night Live character. It is also very sad and applies to #5.

5. One book that made you cry?
"Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer

6. One book you wish had been written?
My thesis. Um, my dissertation. I'm getting there.

7. One book you wish had never been written?
As much as some books are filled with hate and ignorance, I think that we learn even from mistakes when they are written.

8. One book you are currently reading?
"Dance of Fear" by Harriet Lerner.

9. One book you've been meaning to read?
Well, clearly I need to be reading more fiction. Any recommendations? I especially need a book with me to take on the plane ride back home.

10. Now tag 5 people:
I'm not much of a tagger, but if you want to do this, feel free to give the URL your blog on the comments of this post OR if you don't have a blog, you can give your answers there.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]