JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Connections and Disconnections

I just got a phone call from an old acquaintance (who is Jewish) from a writing group that I used to belong to. She and a mutal friend of ours (who is Muslim) have spent years working on uniting the two communities. After the war started, I contacted them to try to help organize some sort of event - something to bring the community together to make some sort of statement that seeing civilians die on both sides hurts our humanity and raising money for relief organizations. Anyway, well so they've been sort of oddly blowing me off, so my Jewish friend called me tonight to explain.

She said that the Muslim friend had gone to the press twice making statements against Israel, and now they're friendship has fallen apart. What a horrible shame. I can't even explain it all without giving out enough details for you to figure out who they are - and I don't have the right to do that, so....

Anyway, I told her about what's been going on with me and just saying it makes me want to cry. She encouraged me to just plan something with the Muslim friend or someone else, but that seems ridiculous since the war is now just about over and I don't even have time for that sort of thing.

I went back to the conference today. I heard Dr. Ruth speak which made me smile. Then, I heard like minded people speak and ran into someone from my panel yesterday who said that she was appauled also by what was said yesterday to me and that I handled it well. This all made me feel a lot better.

I had thought about maybe going to a drag show tonight, but I am just completely drained. I'm waking up at 5:30am to go to the airport. So, I'm just going to continue being really kind with myself and take it easy and just stay with what I feel like doing in the moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger tafka PP said...

Looking forward to hearing more about the conference: Very impressed. (And no, not just because Dr. Ruth spoke!)

Monday, August 14, 2006 1:11:00 AM  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

Oh Karma, I'm sorry.

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]