JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, August 21, 2006

RENT!

I saw "Rent" last night at Starlight Theatre, and it was fabulous! This is the ultimate JewBu movie: "There's only us" = a message to live in the present. "Measure in love" = living and loving is more important than material wealth or anything else. I'm clearly a Renthead. But, how relevant is in this situation???- - Don't fear, don't give into disease, just find ways to love the people around you and enjoy the moment; that's the message.

Anyway, I'm curious though why the 15 minute intermission was 30 minutes. Anyone know the scoop?

Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I love that musical! Seen it twice, unfortunately both off Broadway but VERY worth it.

If you would like, I would love to dub the soundtrack for you (I too am a Renthead as you put it).

fivehundredtwentyfivethousandsixhundredminutes.....I absolutely love the song Seasons of Love. Glad you had a good nite out last nite.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thank you for the offer. I already own the soundtrack to both the movie and the musical AND I have the DVD from the movie. I've only seen it in Kansas City. Next year in August, the conference I go to is going to be in NYC. Anyone want to meet me there and go see Rent on Broadway (if its still there by then)??? Ah, that would be so fantabulous!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]