JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me: Its Nice To Be Appreciated

Since its my birthday, I'm getting of all these little cards and tokens from friends and family, and it makes me feel very special.

Here's what my dad wrote in the card he gave me today: "Your mother and I are very proud of you. We always know that we can depend on you which is very comforting. Thank you for being there for us in our hour of need. Love, Mom and Dad." It is kind of sweet that he thought about her while writing the card, and interesting that he signs her name when clearly she never even saw this card. His birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I think that maybe I should get a card for him from Mom and have her sign it.

My sister on the other hand, asked me last night to have Mom try on this outfit while I was there tucking her. I don't think she realizes how much work that is, especially because it will confuse Mom to put on clothes and then take them right off. Then, she has the chutzpah to call me this morning and leave a message saying "I didn't hear back from you last night. Did you get to do it?" She doesn't even acknowledge its my birthday. But she is making brisket tonight for us all and a birthday cake (my niece insisted!).

Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma,
Happy Birthday!!!

Friday, September 22, 2006 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]