JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Got Help For Mom in Evenings

So, I've been pretty nervous about what will happen to Mom when I leave. The social worker who I brought in for help (without cost) referred me to her organization's homecare department, and I set up to have someone hired to take over some of the things that I do for Mom.

I met last night for the first time with the homecare worker assigned to me by Jewish Family Services to work with my Mom. She was fabulous. She has a lot of experience, was very nice and relatable to Mom. She has a little dog that she'll bring in to visit with Mom, and she likes to give hand and foot massages to her clients. It'll cost me $18/hour, but since I'll only have her come in for a few hours Sunday - Thursday and only until we move Mom into the new place in December, it really is worth it! My sister said that she'll take Mom Friday and Saturday nights, and I hope that she'll actually do this.

Last night, she went through the whole routine with me, and I just feel so releaved. Mom seemed very comfortable with her and with me going back home on Sunday. Despite that my Dad insists that Mom'll go off the chinese moss altogether when I leave unless he sees a significant decline immediately afterwards. It makes me really frustrated because I think that this has really stablized Mom, and if she declines, there's no turning back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a wonderful daughter, honey.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]