JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Shabbat Shalom

I keep trying to write comments on different people's blogs, but for some reason, they seem to disappear after I submit them.

Thanks to Sanchi for sending my Mom a package. I sent around Jewish New Year cards last month, sharing my mom's address and inviting sending her cards. She gets something in the mail now several times a week, and puts up the cards in her room. Her best friend at the facility is VERY jealous of Mom, and I think it makes Mom feel special. At the very least, it gives her a short activity.

I went on a second date last night with this guy who isn't Jewish. I normally don't date guys who aren't Jewish OR who are this nerdy, but I'm trying to be open. I really didn't want to be there at first, especially after I noticed this other guy that I went out with a couple of times sitting in the restaurant on a date with another woman. But, I made the best out of it and had a pretty good time. We had sushi for dinner (which my date clearly didn't know how to eat - he kept eating the shell of the edamame until I pointed out that he should just eat the pods probably).

Then, we went for a moonlit walk on the beach. He held me for awhile and then we very sweetly kissed. It was nice to be with someone so sweet and gentle and who appreciated me. I'm not quite sure what to make of this whole thing, but I'm going to keep taking it slow and see him again, but not too often. The guy's looking for a new house though, and he did make this comment after the beach kiss about how he wants the house to be flexible enough if he has other uses for it later (like a wife and kids) and asked me what a woman would want in a house. I told him that different women like different things and changed the conversation to one about the housing market in town.

Today, I am stuck inside for the most part because yesterday my advisor assigned me to "be with your data for the weekend." I desperately want to go out to breakfast with *A*, but I'm not going to call him. I'm seriously having a hard time concentrating though.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

It strikes me, as I read about your date, that this is Rebound Man (whether or not you consider that you are rebounding)...the one who unknowingly allows you to retread your tires, so to speak. And, yes, rebounds are always very sweet, gentle and, when the relationship retreats, it leaves the best of memories.
Don't freak about his transparent questions. Could be he's doing a little retreading, himself.
Enjoy, Karma.
By the way; great idea about passing your Mom's address around. What an inspired caregiver you are!

Saturday, October 28, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Oh really? This is rebound guy? You're very perceptive. He is doing some retreading himself after a very long relationship with someone where he used to live.

Thanks for appreciating me as a caregiver. Sometimes, sitting here far away from my mom, I worry if I am worthy of the title, especially since there are people like you dedicating all of your life to your mom.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

Gail took several words right out of my mouth. Anyway, enjoy- some nice, harmless fun is always a good tonic from the intensity.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 3:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]