JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Miracles: Dad Agrees to Namenda

Wow, am I amazed right now. I got a call from my sister who said that she wants to push Dad to get Mom on Namenda. She and I have been pushing this for awhile now, basically, we wrote Dad a letter together to push Dad to bring Mom to a neurologist. (This is about 10 years into the Alzheimer's Disease.) He begrudingly went and promised that he start her on medication, but after some time, just got really stubborn.

So my sister's idea was to conference call with Dad and just tell him that this is what we want and that we won't back down. He was refusing at first, but when it was clear that we wouldn't back down, he finally agreed to make an appointment for Mom on November 7 with the doctor who comes to Sunrise Assisted Living and ask him to prescribe Namenda.

My sister is going to go to the appointment to make sure that Dad follows through. I kind of don't actually believe that he'll follow through with it because I have that little faith in him. But, there is that possibility, which would be just so good for Mom.

Labels: , , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

And, you see? Circumstances do, indeed change, in the most surprising ways. I am sharply reminded of the reverse of an old saying: "Old dogs can learn new tricks," and vaguely reminded of something about the universe cooperating with focused intention...you see, Karma? You're doing fine with this.

Saturday, October 21, 2006 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks. I needed to hear that. I seriously forget that my family can change sometimes; mostly because they often choose not to. But they can and occassionaly do.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]