JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Possibilities: A New Blog

I started a new blog tonight, which I don't intend to spend too much time posting to, but which will become a scrapbook of possibilities.

Link

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a completely different look to the new blog. So light and airy, so reflective of light. Interesting. Sure, I'd come up for a spa retreat :) There better be a masseuse with strong hands there, they are going to be fatigued with my upper shoulder tension!! :P Anyways, I read in your book selection that you've read Everything is Illuminated. I too have read it fairly recently - the ending rather confused me. Funny thing was, while reading all I could think was "I wonder what Karma would think of this book". Figures that you have read it. What did you take away from reading the book? *i'm just dying to know!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last post was by me, btw. Have been having trouble logging in for some reason. S.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

I actually really love the book "Everything is Illuminated." The ending (stop reading if you haven't read it yet) I think, if I'm remembering correctly, is about the grandfather coming to terms with the fact that he survived this thing where his neighbors were murdered....well, or he can't quite come to terms with this thing that he's denied for so long. Anyway, love the book. You should see the movie.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma..i really like your new blog, very uplifting and positive.
TC
Peg

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Peg!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]