JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Things Getting Better

So Jerry and I made up. Dad called, and things with us are a bit better. Supposedly he said to my sister, "you know, when [Karma] makes up her mind about something, its hard to talk to her." My sister said, "uh where'd she get that from? That sounds more like you." Makes me laugh.

I spoke with Mom today on the phone. She recognized me and was excited to hear from me. It seems like she's stabled out from her decline over the last month or so. I think maybe the seroquil might actually be helping her, so I'm going to let that whole thing go.

Its a busy time with getting stuff finalized with my thesis, taking my intensive theory class on Bourdieu, ta-ing for Intro to Women's Studies, working for my advisor on her research, and everything else I'm trying to keep up with. So, I'm sorry if I'm not following as closely others' blogs and that I'm not keeping up with the "Gratitude" blog. I'll get back to these things when I have more time.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Well, goodness, Karma, this sounds like a Gratitude post if I ever heard one! My spirit is dancing in celebration for you!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there -
Just wanted to comment and say I'm glad to hear you are busy and productive. Your Bourdieu class sounds fascinating, I admit I had to wiki him since I did not know who he was. I was reading something about a theory that although people are attracted to a certain musical choice that they pick freely, that the music they gravitate towards can be directly correlated to social position. Very interesting.

Anyways, glad you and Jerry have moved through a rough spot and even more happy to hear your mom is doing better. Thanks for the education on the various drugs effects, always learning more everyday.

have a happy day,
S.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]