JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Visiting Kansas City

I arrived in Kansas City yesterday at noon after finishing whatever with the conference in Oakland. It has been a whirlwind.

I wasn't happy with what I saw at Mom's ALF last night. Some guy told me that I have to move back to town, but otherwise Mom and I were generally ignored. I asked later the only staff person that I could find said that she was the only one on staff for the floor, so they put everyone to bed early before other people last.

I'm listening now to this interview that I found that I conducted of my Mom about 10 years ago. It was a part of my undergraduate degree. Jerry helped me get the interview onto a digital format so that I can play it for Mom. I'm just now realizing though that I have to go and pick out any bad memories she has on here. But, I want to play it for her and hope that it'll trigger some memories - I mean it is HER voice telling HER stories. Jerry was sweet to do this for me my last night at home.

It is great to see my niece and nephew and parents and we're all getting along okay, even though my brother in law is still as always a schmuck. Last night, after I commented on my sister's plans to take my niece and nephew to an easter egg hunt, my brother in law told me not to comment because they're not religious people yadada. So, I said, so then you're fine with me dating a Christian. Bro in law: No that's not okay. Look, WE know who WE are.

Anyway, lots of random thoughts in this post. I'm still jet lagged and tired from all of the traveling and have just tons and tons to do. Just wanted to quickly update.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Is the interview you mention the one to which you referred after posting the recent interview? I'd LOVE to hear it! Are you planning on uploading it?

I'm disturbed by what you found at your Mom's facility.

And, yes, you sound really jet lagged...not just rambling but a little cock-eyed, as well. Take it easy. See if you can get some rest. You've been doing so well with stress, lately, Karma, remember, you remain that person.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I am thinking about uploading the interview although it is really long and I don't exactly remember how I did it before - so it'll take me awhile. It is very interesting to track the progression of the disease in these interviews.

I took melatonin last night so finally got some good sleep.

By the way Gail, your concern is motivating me to follow up on some things with my Mom.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

I'm v glad you took melatonin! Thank you for the update. Really really miss you and don't worry, you'll be back to your lovely home, dog and J soon... Hugs

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]