JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Attempting to Remain Connected and Independent

Well, slowly but surely time is ticking along, and it isn't as bad as I feared. I bought a new bike, by myself, without Jerry's help, and I was quite proud of myself. I had to ride it home like 7 miles or something, but it ended up being fun. I'm going to start riding to school too. The bike gives me a sense of independence because I'm not even dependent upon the car. I can just ride wherever my little legs will peddle me.

Last weekend, I hung out with my ex girlfriend and a group of queer women that I've befriended. They're a fun group, although there's always this awkwardness because I'm dating a guy and my ex tends to bring her current boyfriend. She thanked me though for making an effort to be nice to him. Turns out that he's half Jewish! She's Catholic. My boyfriend's Catholic....anyway, a funny twist.

I had lunch with someone else. And I invited my TA out for a drink. So, I'm certainly making an effort. I have plans for when I return from KC to host a lesbian movie night and to go out with this couple to dinner. There's also this art show that I'm invited to at the museum, although I sadly have no one to go with. *A* said he might go to see his Dad for his birthday. Another classmate is in LA. But, maybe I'll just go by myself.

I tried to call Mom, but she didn't know what to do with the phone. I heard someone say to her to talk into the phone, but she didn't say anything. I kept prompting her. And then finally I gave up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]