JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

"The Bubble" by Eytan Fox

I just got back from seeing the movie "The Bubble." It was so amazingly powerful in its message about love, war, and Israel. I was supposed to be having this pseudo date, but I had to get out of there after the movie because I just needed to be alone and cry a bit. She said to me: "There wasn't any way of it. You could tell that it was all going to end badly." I said "that's the way with a lot of Israelis now." I thought about how its been this way since Rabin died. Movies about the conflict never tend to have any sense of the conflict ending. They're more about how the system is so entrenched that there's no way of overcoming it.

There was a scene with a pigua, and it really makes me freaked out about my friends who live in Israel. It reminds me of the times when I was there and there was a bombing and having to call the 8 people I'm closest to, just to make sure we're okay. The movie made me feel like I can never go home: the conflict will never end, and I don't want to get sucked up in it.

I would say that this movie is the Israeli "Brokeback Mountain." It was amazing. But sad as hell.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

My ex-husband has family living in Israel and I worry about them.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

I do hope you told your new Facebook friend what you thought ;-)

Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:41:00 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Wow. Hits so close to home. My mind has been filled with the stuff going on in Iraq I have forgotten about other parts of the world. I don't always read the papers-too depressing.

I have given you an award. Stop by when you can. :)

Thursday, November 08, 2007 5:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]