JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fantastic Camping Trip

This weekend, I went camping with friends and had a fantastic time. It was SOOOOO nice to have some time just to be and relax. My friends were super supportive and reaffirming of me taking care of my needs. It just felt really great and was fun and fabulous...even though the winds the last night got up to 50 mph!

But, as soon as I got back, the stress quickly seeped back in as I got home. I'm missing deadlines. I'm not producing things at the level of quality that I need to. I'm exhausted. I'm sick of dating. I want more vacation.

I'm super happy that things are so good with my family, and very relieved.

Mom's developed some new weird symptom where she's losing control of her hand and will just jerk it around sometimes. She bumped up her finger pretty bad. But, otherwise things are pretty much the same according to my dad and sister.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

So glad you had such a great trip.

Can you build moments of relaxation into your day? I know you're stressed and have lots to do and I've found that taking just a couple of minutes to close my eyes, breathe deeply, and imagine being some place that makes me smile makes a huge difference.

I know--it sounds so simplistic and stupid but.... When we're stressed out our brains do not function efficiently. Anything that lowers our stress level and calms our breathing helps the brain work better and we are more likely to see solutions we couldn't when stressed.

Much sympathy on all the stress. I'm so glad you got to have fun camping.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]