JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Color of Friendship Award

Thanks to Shari for awarding me a "Colors of Friendship Award." She describes this award as honoring the following:

"We are a spectrum of color, diverse in our customs and upbringings, but we are human with the same feelings. We are all united in some way and not so different if you think about how we love our families...we feel the same things. The Internet has brought people closer together somehow...the world doesn't seem so huge and untouchable."

I would similarly like to honor the following people:

Gail at The Mom and Me Journals

April at The Thriver's Toolbox

I Survive! at A Broken Childhood

It just goes to show how much healing and connection is out there if you put yourself out there. Since I've started this blog, I really have come a long way in my quest. I really think that it has been in part to having this blog and all of the support that I've received through it. Thanks to all of my readers and all of my friends who have been there for me along the way!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Life is a quest. We are always discovering, learning new things-especially about ourselves and what we are capable of. :)

God bless.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:33:00 PM  
Blogger April_optimist said...

Thank you so much. I honor the journey you're making, too, and your friendship.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger Appa said...

Thanks a bunch Karma! I deeply appreciate your friendship.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]