JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V-Day!

Today is Valentine's Day and V-Day, a day to challenge sexual violence against women. I met one of the editor's of the book you see pictured here. Its pretty fantastic; I recommend that you check it out.

I'm also feeling a bit lonely and depressed, despite that I am surrounded by friends and good people. But, I lack a partner, a person to share my life with who I would like to honor today. If that person existed. Instead, its just me and the dog!

I should be finishing up this paper that I thought was due tomorrow but I just got an email saying that I can have until March 1. That's good because I haven't felt much like working all day. I haven't been feeling very focused in awhile actually. I'm having an allergic reaction to something, not sure what, but I'm covered in hives all over my body, the worst of which is on my thumb. Plus, I've had some mild chest pains off and on. Luckily, I have an appointment to get acupuncture tomorrow, and my healer has an expertise in handling allergies.

Someone near by was murdered recently for being gay. Its pretty sad and angering. I'm hoping to go to a vigil. And then Saturday will be my healing day as I'm getting a massage and probably staying in with a movie. Sunday, I promised my friends that I'd go out to the club with them because there's no school Monday. However, an old friend is coming in town to give a talk that I organized. She leaves Tuesday; I teach Wednesday. Do you feel exhausted just hearing about this all? In between, I've got research work to do, fellowships to apply for, and more conference papers to write.

I'm looking forward to a few months from now when I don't have the teaching responsibilities, have these conferences behind me and can focus on getting some research done. I'm also looking forward to the day when I'm in a relationship again. But, in the meantime, I'm going to try to enjoy the present moment.

Labels: , , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger April_optimist said...

Here's hoping your hives are gone! A thought--do you have a sore throat? I ask because at one point my kids got hives from a strep throat.

Anyway, I can understand feeling overwhelmed given everything going on in your life right now. Here's hoping it ALL gets easier SOON.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

I still have the hives, but don't have a sore throat. I made an appointment to see a doctor, but I can't get in until a week from Monday.

And from your keyboard to God's inbox about the things getting easier!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]