JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rejection

I've been working on this article for the last year. My advisor had been asked to write something for a new journal and worked out for them to solicit something from me. It was related to my thesis but needed to be significantly reworked to fit their guidelines. Anyway, I spent probably 100 hours on this article, working often while in Kansas City, often working on it instead of spending time with my mom.

I'm so angry and disheartened and depressed by the news. It feels horrible to be rejected when I thought my article was already kinda accepted. I can't believe how much time is down the drain!!!!

I would love to spend the night tonight be comforted by a friend or something. But, no one's around apparently. I'm going to get a facial and then have a quiet night at home.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Appa said...

aww... I sucks. I hate when that happens. I hope you can at least use is as part of your thesis. Do you think you could submit this to another journal?
There is always something better, Karma.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

My thesis is done and my dissertation is on a completely different topic. But who knows what the future holds!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger April_optimist said...

As I writer, I know all about rejection. It always stings but even more so when it looked like the acceptance was guaranteed. Much sympathy.

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! surely with all your hard work you can get the article published somewhere else???

sending you a hug,
neha

Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Because this journal asked for an "overview of the field" and/or "state of the field" article, it will have to be significantly re-worked to fit another journal. And, if I were to start writing an article for another journal, this wouldn't be the topic that I would choose to write on.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger April said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]