JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Need My Mom

Losing my grandmother makes me come to terms with the fact that I'm losing my mother. Both of them have Alzheimer's disease, and when I last saw the both of them, it seemed like Grandma was actually doing a little better than my mom. Now, Grandma's taken a big downward turn.

And now granted, my mom has had this disease for awhile. BUT, a girl needs her mother. I can't believe that she won't be around for me to get married, have kids, get my degree. I know that it probably sounds silly, but without my mom, these things lose a lot of their meaning. A girl just needs her mom.

And now I'm in a situation where I'm helpless to do anything for my grandmother, even stop torturous steps from being taken to prolong her life. And now my mom needs me to take care of her, almost like she's the child now.

I'm feeling freaked out a bit. I'm also a bit high on cold medicine. I just asked A if he'd marry me over IM....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]