JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Oy, oy, oy: Still Hard to Work

I went to see my "pusher" today, aka my pscyhiatrist. She renewed my prescription for an anti-anxiety medication that I started taking after the shooting to help me sleep. I had intended to just be on it for a couple of weeks, but she thinks that I shouldn't even consider stopping or cutting back. It is a bit easier knowing that I have this to lean on, but at the same time, I worry about getting addicted to it.

And I just can't get much work done. I feel so much better when I don't push myself to work on my project. And even when I do push myself, I don't get much done. I am SO far behind with my master's thesis. My therapist thinks that I should take some time off - like 3 months to just let myself heal and get back on my feet. But, I can't get out of my commitment to be project manager of my advisor's research team. And, I need to get my thesis done. Should I just go to my advisor and ask for some time away from my thesis? Or should I take into consideration that I'm trying to present myself as a professional academic and try and be professional and just step up and somehow get this all done.

I also just feel closer and closer to my best friend, A. I'm still in love with him. I think he knows it, and I know that at least on some level he loves me too. I'm so tempted to try to BE with him, but with everything so crappy in both of our lives, I don't want to push it. Hopefully, we'll both get to better places in our lives, and then he'll finally tell me how he really feels.

I am very upset about the condition of my grandmother. More than the fact that I'm slowly losing her, I hate the way that she is going. I tried to talk to my aunt today and my cousin and my sister, but everyone blows me off. I think there needs to be a plan of where to stop attempting to prolong her life, especially when it means excruiating suffering on her part. I really hope that I never end up like she is now. If I ever do, you all have it here in writing. Oy oy oy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]