JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Baby Steps

I'm feeling good today. I went to therapy and then acupuncture. My acuputurist is this odd Jewish guy who tends to suggest that I eat a lot of chicken soup. He also uses essential oils before inserting the needles and then does some guided meditation. I get so deeply relaxed. It was perfect, I think to go right after therapy. I feel so mellow right now, I'm not even going to try to work. I was talking with my therapist about how I really just need like 3 months off from work just to recover. But, of course that can't happen; gotta keep working. It is Spring Break now - I finished grading today. But, of course for the next 3 days, my research group is meeting. How do I manage to give myself the time and the space to heal AND keep up with my work?

I do recognize though that this isn't like the last whirlwind of PTSD that I had after I was raped. I am much more aware of the process, and I can see that it is moving forward, even if it is very painful. It is very hard to not lose faith, but I know that at some point, this too shall pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]