JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Small Steps to Heal From PTSD

Okay, so in my last posting, I realized that I need to make a list for myself of things that I can do to help me get through this PTSD bought. Here's what I got:
1. Cardio exercise while listening to music
2. Cuddling with my dog
3. Connecting with other people in a positive way
4. Cutting back on communication with my father
5. Eating well
6. Not drinking too much
7. Spend a lot of time relaxing at night and getting ready for bed - follow ritual
8. Stress Eraser
9. Writing this blog (self expression)
10. Therapudic massages
11. Using aromatherapy - lavendar at night, jasmine and rose
12. Making my home homey, doing stuff to fix the place up
13. Therapy
14. When I'm up for it, yoga and/or meditation
15. Playing with my cousin and neice (who are both 4 - playing with them reminds me a lot of playing with childhood playmates)
16. Herbs and homeopathy
17. Have patience with myself and faith that this will get better
18. Practice loving-kindness with others, practice random acts of kindness
19. Try to accomplish a little (school) work every day, even if its just a little
20. Give myself permission to get angry, to feel anger, and let the anger out (as a woman, its hard to express anger...pent up anger becomes depression, so its necessary to get it out)
21. Guided imagry CDs by Bellaruth Naparstek (There's one for PTSD and another on anger and forgiveness. I usually fall asleep to them every night.)
22. Acupuncture

4 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

I find this post very interesting. Thank you from this survivor who suffered from PTSD.

Friday, September 01, 2006 6:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved reading this post. It sounds like you are really doing great self care!

Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Izzy said...

Thank u for this site I would like to make one for many of the same resons i am a rape surviver from age 5-14 my family abused me and strangers too the community won't help me they tryed to hide it and accuse me that I am crazy I love budist meditation it helps alot I am Jewish and I hope to make a change for a voice for others who are afraid to speak out I am 23 and I have a lovely wife who backs me up thanks for inspiring me for the future thanks :)

Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Hey Izzy,
I haven't been blogging as much lately but I appreciate knowing that you're finding having this year useful.
Check out the Awareness Center if you haven't already.
Take good care.

Friday, September 03, 2010 5:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]