JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Reaching Out: I Hope My Parents Appreciate Me

So, I got a phone call from my uncle back. My dad hasn't told him anything. He puts his wife on the phone - a woman who the last time that I spoke to her, she made me cry and totally freak out and she tried to talk me out of going to Israel to do my research. But, I talk her into sending out my uncle, so that after Mom is put into a home that Dad can play a bit with his brother. She said just to let her know when its going to happen and two weeks later, she'll put my uncle on a plane to see my dad. She said my uncle doesn't want to go because he thinks it will be depressing, but that it doesn't matter because she's in charge.

And then she starts asking me why I haven't been up to visit them, saying she thinks it is because my dog can't stay there. Well, hello obnoxious woman: I have only seen you all of I think three times in my life. You don't seem to care about me, and you aren't very nice. Not shocking that I don't want to see you, and it has nothing to do with my dog!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-
Just wanted you to know I have faith you will come through this. There are times when our parents need our help, I suppose your time has come a bit early. Do you know anything about the facilities your father is considering? My mom is still on the inside loop in KC regarding how the healthcare *really* is, and I could get her opinion about the places your family is considering. I assume it's just your father's gut reaction to protect his children...but you and I both know your sister has as much of a right to know about this decision as you do. You are a really supportive daughter, and once a decision is made perhaps your whole family can rest a little easier so you don't feel you have to save both parents at once. It's great your dad is reaching out to someone as knowledgeable as you happen to be, you strong woman you!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:53:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I know that my sister has a right to know, but my dad should be telling her this stuff and I am going behind her back just telling her what I am - which isn't the whole store. It is a hard situation. My dad found some memory communities, as they are called, through reference and the Alzheimer's Association. He'll probably have her in one by the time I get to town.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I didnt' mean to sound like I was criticizing. My mom is so involved in the healthcare community (since every institution needs a registered dietician stamp of approval), and it was the only way I could think of to help you. Hang in there, I know it's tough. S.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

No of course. I'm sorry; I just feel guilty for not telling my sister everything. I guess there are 4 places in the county that are memory community/assisted living places, and my dad is checking them all out and is going to make the decision without me. I don't even know their names. Thanks for the thought though.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]