JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Take Care of Myself

I had an appointment with my therapist today and she kept pushing that I have to take care of myself if I want to be of use to my mom or anyone else. So, I made an appointment with my old acupunturist tomorrow and for a massage the next day and joined 24 Fitness, although maybe I'll just cancel that - I can do so within 3 days - - and just go to the Jewish Community Center for free for the next couple of days. I also haven't even been over to my mom's yet and its already 2pm....taking some time for myself :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear K,
Glad to hear that you are taking some time for yourself. Your past few postings have left me rather teary eyed and my heart just really goes out to you. I was so afraid things with your father would result poorly, and am thrilled at least you are not pulling your hair out with him yet. I'd like to call you tonite, maybe it'll be a good time. If not, I'm sure you'll let me know. I wonder if you are sleeping at all, at this point. I hope you have some time for mental peace today. Love, S.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks S. I have been thinking about calling you late but worrying about waking you up too. I have been going to work out the last two nights after leaving my mom, having a drink and a little cry, and then sleeping okay through the night. My sister arrives tomorrow and I know that everything will be okay once I see my niece, although it will be hard to leave.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]