JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Chinese Moss for Alzheimer's

*A* forwarded to me information about this Chinese herb moss stuff that is given to people with Alzheimer's in China that is supposed to be really powerful and is being tested currently in the States. I showed it to my dad, and he agreed to give it to my mom. He won't start until I arrive in town so that I can help on sneaking it to Mom for a trial period to see if it helps at all. Hopefully, it'll help her!

Link

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really interesting! I'm great A is taking an interest in finding new treatments for your mom. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works. Is it in a powder and you put it in tea or something?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:21:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Actually, you can get it in capsuls. Here's a link to where we ordered it in case anyone wants to try it http://www.swansonvitamins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&SourceCode=INTL097&productId=12308&R=15648&healthConcernDropBox=null&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=chinese+moss&keyword=null&N=4294967196&brandDropBox=null&productDropBox=null&Ntk=Level1

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

Thanks for the tip, Karma. I'll be checking into this for my mother.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karma,

You might be interested in this link to info on a clinical trial of Huperzine A (which appears to be the ingredient in the capsules you're referring to). See http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00083590?order=1. I haven't looked at any of the research on this herb/medication, but I did look at ginkgo for my dad. I was surprised to find that most ginkgo sold in the US is not the same as the ginkgo used in various trials. Not sure if that might be the case with Huperzine A. I'll add this to my list of topics to find out about!!!

Sunday, July 16, 2006 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

My dad tried Ginko for my mom, and it didn't do anything for her. The chinese moss is supposed to be much stronger and more powerful against Alzheimer's. I think that Ginko is more useful for prevention.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]