JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Monday, June 19, 2006

"Tuesdays with Morrie"



I just finished reading this book. Z had warned me that I shouldn't read it on the plane because it would make me cry, but tonight was the first night that I really cried reading it. I don't want to have to say goodbye to my mom, especially not this "long goodbye". It is a good book though and a very fast read; I recommend it to anyone else whose loved one is dying.

Here's a quote: "I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things in my life. On the people who are coming to see me. On the stories I'm going to hear....I don't allow myself any more self-pity than that. A little each morning, a few tears, and that's all (57)."

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]