JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Many Resources

Well, I have an appointment with a dentist tomorrow and a promise from an endontist that I can get fit in if need be. I probably need to get my root canal re-done. I just started taking antibiotics which are going to seriously mess up my digestive system again, but I even spoke with acupunturists who told me to just take the antibiotics because an infection in the mouth can spread to the brain and/or heart and serious stuff pretty easily. So, I have to miss my presentation tomorrow if I get treatment. And my dentist at home (whom I called and prescribed the antibiotics)...i just forgot what I was going to say. I'm so out of it. I better go do more work to prepare the team for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are addressing this issue. Without too many details, there is a woman in my office, who's son ignored the infection and let's just say he can no longer not hold a job. I had no idea infections in the mouth/gums were so fast spreading. I pray for your swift recovery, hopefully the antibiotics will help and you will not have to have the area drained/redone. So sorry to hear of your pain, wish I could do something for you. S.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

I feel a lot better now, of course, I took the pain meds, so I don't feel much, but the antibiotics are kicking in too, so....I have an appointment Tuesday with an endontist to finish the root canal, hopefully for good. I have heard really bad things like you said about letting the work go, which is one of the only ways that I got through the procedure, which was 45 minutes long and very painful. I also took 2 Xanax that I had left over from insomnia issues, as survivors of sexual violence generally tend to have issues with dentistry that don't get taken seriously. Anyway, thanks for your posting.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]