JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ah, My Luck: Dad Has Heart Disease

Dad got a copy of the CT scan results. The doctor didn't even say anything to him, but the CT shows extensive coronary artery calcification! I looked it up, and this means that he has heart disease and is likely to have cardivascular heart problems in the future including stroke and heart attack. He wants to try something called Chelation Therapy, and I found him a doctor in the area. It sounds kinda quackish, but at least he's doing something for himself and if he does have cancer, he'll have to be getting another CT scan, so it'll show up.....I don't know.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad also has heart Disease...had a triple bypass in 1995. Hes had a hard road the last 6 years with Mom. Your Dad will be in my prayers.
Your Friend,
Peg

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

My entire family has had heart problems, so I'm not exactly a novice to the whole concept. I'll be thinking about you.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks Peg.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Mine does too, Bailey; just usually not until they're older. It is wierd that my dad is at that point. Thanks for your thoughts.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]