JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Extravagence: I Bought a Honda Civic Hybrid

Wow, what a crazy, extravagent day. I got a call from a car dealer that I had called last month. They finally got an available car and in a color that I really like. It is blue, which is my mom's favorite color, and the color of just about every new car I remember her owning. I traded in my Toyota Prius, which was just a pain in the butt car. The civic is so comfortable and cool. It felt really good to do something big like this for myself, and quite frankly, the Toyota dealer warned me to get out of my 2001 Prius because he suspects that it'll have a lot of problems in the future. So, this is a load off!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's great to read you reveling in some positive outcomes for your personal health/peace of mind lately. You deserve to enjoy every single good minute this moment is bringing you. You must have found your title, eh? I'm so happy for you.

Keeping my fingers crossed about your dad, I've recently been through a considerable amount of worry with my own father and all the tests, etc. It's a great feeling when they are on their way to healing - and I look forward to the day your father is healing too.

S.

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thanks, S. Funny story: I didn't find the title. They said they didn't care, as long as I had the registration. Of course, then I got there, and since the title was written in Kansas, it is a big headache for them. But, they just told me to mail it to them when I get it! I also didn't have my spare key, which I'm mailing to them. And, my car was a total mess - crap everywhere, like 50+ empty water bottles that I had meant to recycle and lots of trash. Books, notebooks, my dog's carrier....lol

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma--This has got to be a sign--out with the old, in with the new. Congratulations and happy driving!

Friday, July 14, 2006 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

It's a beautiful car Karma - I'm happy for you. (and a little envious - okay, a lot envious *gg*)

Friday, July 14, 2006 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

It's a beautiful car Karma - I'm happy for you (and a little envious - okay, a lot envious *gg*).

Friday, July 14, 2006 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

Thank you Deb and Bailey!

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honda civic is my favorite car... i owned a blue one a 1995..enjoy it.

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]