JewBu Quest: From Abuse to Happiness

JewBu: a Jew who practices forms of Buddhist meditation & spirituality. This blog documents my quest to 1) heal from sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse, 2) come to terms with losing Mom and Grandma to Alzheimers, 3) find balance, explore the spiritual, stay present. Bascially, I've experienced some pretty crappy shit in my life and want to find a way to move past it and find happiness.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Five People You Meet in Heaven

I just finished watching this movie. It has a JewBu message and because it deals with death, grieving, and PTSD, it really relates to my quest. The writer is the same guy who wrote "Tuesdays With Morrie". I don't agree with the whole Christian take of death and heaven, but I do like the message of the film, that every life matters - that we affect every one around us and they in turn affect everyone around them. Such, we are all interconnected.

Link

2 Comments:

Blogger alyceclover said...

When my life was still normal, actually, wasn't now that I think about it, I bought that book, and loved it. Don't remember it being about PSTD. I deleted most of my "karma" blog. Call myself "scars".

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Karma said...

The main character was abused by his father and then really developed PTSD during WWII, especially during his time as a POW.

Monday, July 10, 2006 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[rockin+girl.jpg]